There are many moving companies out there, but not all of them will be a good fit for you. Hiring movers is always easier when done well ahead of time and with careful research beforehand. Here’s how to identify the right one before your move starts:
- Know your budget. You want a company that will work within your means. Before searching for movers, ask yourself how much money are you willing and able to spend on moving?
- Check reviews online (Yelp and Google Reviews) as this can be helpful when evaluating their potential services. This is to ensure that the company has a good reputation and is reputable before hiring. Is their customer satisfaction rate high enough so as not to be worried about any complaints afterward?
- Ask referrals from your relatives and friends who have used moving companies in the past about their experience to see if they would recommend them. The best way to hire a decent service is by word-of-mouth, so ask around before committing in full with any one provider.
- Always check with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) before hiring any professional. They’ll often have a list of complaints and their process for resolving them and updates on how they are doing based on customer responses.
- Choose an insured, licensed, bonded mover that has been in business for more than five years. This guarantees their professionalism with past customers, which will give peace of mind on the day of your big move.
- Check what type of moving services they offer. Do you need packing and unpacking assistance or just someone who will load up the truck with all your items in boxes and take them to their destination? Identify exactly which kind of help you need. It ensures that both parties know what’s expected from each other.
- Get a quote from at least three sources. The more quotes, the better your odds of finding one that fits your budget and offers services geared towards exactly what you need.
- Find out what types of insurance and liability coverage they offer. You will want to know how much coverage you have for accidental or negligent damage, as well as theft and unauthorized use while in transit before you give them your final decision on whether or not to hire their services.
- Hire a moving service that offers free estimates so you can get an idea of how much work will be required and what the total cost may end up being before anything is done.
When it comes to hiring a reliable moving company, you want a team of professionals who can help take care of all your needs and do so efficiently. Aaron Movers has been in business for over 19 years, and we are proud to offer our services at an affordable rate. We have experienced movers with trucks capable of handling any size job, from small apartment moves up to large warehouse relocations.